Fundamentals Of Perfume Creation Online Programme
All our three courses in one full programme!
Learn about the art and science of perfume creation with this in-depth, practical online course teaching you to confidently create perfumes at home using pro techniques.
This programme gives 2-year access to our 12-week Fundamentals of Perfume Creation online courses, split into three parts:
- Foundation: 34 lessons across 6 modules released weekly
- Chapter 2: 22 lessons across 3 modules released weekly
- Chapter 3: 21 lessons across 3 modules released weekly
- 14hrs of tutorial videos
- All the material kit including over 90 ingredients and lab equipment
- A large Perfumer’s Organ and Lab including 4 boxes of ingredients and a tray (total of 10 kilos or 22lbs)
- A Perfumer’s Handbook
- Downloadable workbooks and pdf presentations
- Exclusive access to our student group and shop
- Certification available at completion
To ensure the best and freshest quality of ingredients, we produce the ingredient kits on a regular basis. This means that in some occasions your kit may take longer to reach you to allow for production time.
All orders are processed within 1-2 working days from the UK from receiving an order.
Delivery via Royal Mail 1-2 working days from being processed
In-store collection available within 2 working days from receiving an order.
UK RETURNS & EXCHANGE
Free in the UK within 28 days receipt of goods.
Must be returned, unopened and with its sealing sticker
DELIVERY TO EUROPE
Tracked and signed for via DPD or DHL by road. All taxes are pre-paid at purchase, there are no further charges upon receipt. Delivery times are typically 3-10 working days but may vary from one country to another. In rare circumstances, longer times may be required due to custom clearance.
REST OF THE WORLD DELIVERY
Available Tracked and signed for via DHL or Fedex Air Express available to 25 international countries. Delivery times are typically 3-10 working days but may vary from one country to another. International shipping restrictions on perfumes apply. May require additional duties and taxes to be paid by the customer at the time of delivery. These are not covered in our shipping rates. The value declared for customs purpose is the value of the physical item shipped (shipping fees and digital content will not be included in customs declaration). International restrictions apply: we do not ship to all countries, enter your address at checkout to check whether we deliver to your address. Due to shipping restrictions on perfumes, perfume items cannot be returned from international addresses.
For more info on delivery and returns see T&Cs
All our boxes are made from recyclable cardboard and we exclusively use paper wrappers. We do not use any plastic wrapper or tape.
Fundamentals Of Perfume Creation Online Programme
WHAT IF YOU COULD…
create perfumes like a pro from home.
Are you obsessed with scents but can’t attend a perfume workshop in person or enrol in a long diploma?
Our acclaimed online perfumery programme has been designed to take you through a fantastic journey that is not only knowledge-rich but also practical.
You’ll be guided through a step-by-step journey with how-to videos, practical demos, olfactory sessions, tutorials, Q&As, and theory lessons by professional perfumers.
A great mix of science and creativity helping you to access the perfumery of perfumers, so you get a jump-start in this world, either doing it as a hobby or with a professional aim in mind.
Suitable for everyone, from beginners through to experienced perfume makers!
"This was honestly one of the best online courses I’ve ever participated in. Love the video content, thoroughness and all the materials and tools provided. I found the course to be comprehensive and very educational."
“What a great course! I went from knowing nothing about perfumery and scents, to feeling like I had enough of a grounding to get started learning. I’d definitely recommend this course to anyone who’s interesting in learning about perfumery.”
A one of a kind programme to learn and create fragrances. Ready to dive in?
- Immediate access to the e-learning platform (available to stream for 2 years from enrolment / additional yearly subscription available)
- 77 lessons over 12 modules released weekly
- 14 hours of video course and tutorials (in English available with English subtitles)
- Practical exercises
- Downloadable pdfs of the tutorials
- 3 downloadable workbooks
- Homework assignments
- Course kit including a total of 1000ml of ingredients and perfumery lab equipment
- Exclusive access to a student discussion group and Q&As videos with instructors
- Exclusive access to a student shop
- Quizzes and certificates available at completion of each chapter
Your own professional Perfumer Organ and Lab at home
With this course you will receive a large kit made of 4 boxes and a tray, including 91 ingredients and all the laboratory equipment needed for the course.
Worth £800 / $1000 (Included with the course at no extra charge)
- Box 1.1: includes 22 ingredients * 15ml (diluted in perfumery alcohol)
- Box 1.2: includes 19 ingredients * 15ml (diluted in perfumery alcohol) + 1 ingredient in pure
- Box 2: includes 22 ingredients * 15ml (diluted in perfumery alcohol)
- Box 3: includes 21 ingredients * 15ml (diluted in perfumery alcohol) + 6 ingredients in pure
- Equipment box including a scale, empty vials, spray vials, scent strips and pipettes and perfumery solvents
Complimentary bonus when you enrol on the whole programme!
A hardcover beautifully illustrated 160-page, written by Emmanuelle Moeglin and a handful of fellow perfumers and perfume experts, that contains the origins and provenance of ingredients, their classification, the vocabulary of scent, and unique insights on how perfume ingredients are used in fragrances and formulae.
Walk through 50 of the finest and most commonly used perfumery ingredients, ranging from natural ingredients such as bergamot oil, rose absolute and vetiver oil, aroma-chemicals such as Iso E Super and Calone to famous compositions such as Prunella and Amber 83.
“I’ve found the presentation of the course in terms of written documents, videos and materials beautiful and of impeccable quality and easy to use. Em’s knowledge and enthusiasm for perfumery feels sincere, inspiring and is communicated very clearly and accessibility to the novice.”
"This course is actually the best perfume course I have ever taken before. I took courses from a few organizations both online and offline in the last few years, but EPC’s is the best one at a reasonable price. This course is very detailed which is suitable for both beginners and intermediate self-learners. It contains the knowledge from how to smell an ingredient to how to use the ingredient in perfume."
This is for you if:
- You are a fragrance enthusiast and want to learn and create perfumes at home.
- You are curious about perfumes and want to immerse yourself in the world of perfumery.
- You’ve been already in a few classes or workshops, have a growing interest in scents and fragrance composition and are looking to progress further at your own pace.
- You want to go beyond the basics of perfume creation and be guided by professional perfumers’ practical expertise.
- You are considering the idea of starting your own perfume business in the future.
- You want to know how to create a fragrance guided by a professional perfumer, but don’t want or can’t go to go to the more lengthy perfume schools to get a full degree.
- You are a professional of the perfume or beauty industry but are not trained on ingredients and formulation.
- You are looking for an in-depth course that is both practical and enjoyable
You’ll learn how to:
- Describe perfumery ingredients like pro, memorise scents and comparative techniques to explore olfactory nuances
- Study over 90 perfumery ingredients (natural and synthetic), learning how they are classified (families and volatility)
- Set-up your own perfumer’s lab at home
- Select ingredients and understand about combination, harmony and contrast in a formula
- Create accords and access 15 of the most used accords formulae including rose, jasmine and spanning across a wide range of families (green, fruity, aqueous, woody, leathery, ambery etc…)
- Create simple to complex perfume formulae, from the brief to blending
- Create a Citrus, Floriental, Floral, Woody and Oriental fragrance, accessing 5 complex formulae
- Use laboratory equipment and practise dilutions, handling of ingredients and other useful perfume laboratory tips
- Rework and evolve your formulae using pro techniques
- Apply your perfumes in various concentrations of perfumes and in candles, body lotions, and many other products
- Formulate using ingredients in pure like a pro
- Understand the basic of perfume legislation and commercialisation (ie: Cosmetic regulations, IFRA, INCI list etc)
And a so many more practical tips to create fragrance and fly on your own!
A look into each of the Perfumery Programme chapter
Whether if it’s a hobby or a professional goal, you’ll be guided through a step-by-step journey with how-to videos, practical demos, olfactory sessions, tutorials, Q&As, and theory lessons by professional perfumers in each chapter.
Fundamentals of Perfume Creation – FOUNDATION
In the first 6 weeks of the programme, you’ll gain the basic foundation of perfumery and the in-depth knowledge to start blending your own fragrances at home. Start awakening your sense of smell by recognising the most commonly used perfumery ingredients, start practicing with professional perfumery equipment to set up your own Perfumer’s Lab at home (you’ll receive all of the materials, from ingredients to scale, pipettes, bottles and scent strips), discovering the creative process behind a fragrance brief, and composing both simple and complex fragrance formulas to apply in different products.
Curious about the lessons? Take a look into Foundation
Fundamentals of Perfume Creation – CHAPTER 2
In the following 3 weeks of the programme, you’ll dive a step further into perfume creation, deepen your knowledge and olfactory practice going into much more detail. You’ll start learning the ingredients by group and sub-division of families, so that you can start understanding the similarities and nuances within a single family. You’ll also explore the floral family – one of the largest and most important ones to learn about – and compose a jasmine, tuberose and ylang ylang accord to create a complex floral fragrance.
Curious about the lessons? Take a look into Chapter 2
Fundamentals of Perfume Creation – CHAPTER 3
This final 3-week of the programme are the most advanced and detailed to finally show off your perfumery talents in so many wonderful ways! Investigate 10 new creative accords, unveil the most efficient tips to blend, weigh, and formulate; and learn how to find balance, rework, and evolve your formula like pros – not to mention discovering a whole load of new perfumery ingredients. You’ll formulate using pure ingredients and learn how to apply your concentrate oils in various strengths and carriers so that you can adapt your creations in any ways you like. At the end, you’ll be able to create a woody and an oriental fragrance, and talk about restrictions and legislation that you need to check before commercialising a perfume.
Curious about the lessons? Take a look into Chapter 3
“EPC has exceeded my expectations with the second chapter. We learned about different scents, how to make a nice perfume accord and got an insight into how to make a good perfume formula. It is really very special that a perfumer wants to share his knowledge! The courses of EPC are highly recommended!”
"Wonderful course that is both educational, experimental and fun! I was looking forward to every week to get the new content released and had a great time experimenting with the assignments. You don’t need any prior experience to enjoy it so I would definitely recommend it."
Meet your perfumer mentors
Emmanuelle Moeglin, Founder & Perfumer
Em is the founder of Experimental Perfume Club, and the creator of the signature fragrance line, Layers. She is a classically trained nose with over 12 years of experience working in the fragrance industry.
“My fascination for fragrances started at a young age, collecting everything perfume as a child. I started my journey at the perfumer’s school ISIPCA in France, where I learnt the science and secrets of fragrance creation.
I then went onto travelling the world, collaborating with some of the most esteemed perfumers, working as a Fragrance Designer for brands such as L’Oreal and Puig in Paris, Barcelona and New York.
EPC was born as a space for anyone with a passion for smell to access the behind the scenes of perfume creation.”
Tom Jansen, Guest instructor, Perfumer & Entrepreneur
Tom has been passionate about fragrance as long as he can remember. As a classically trained perfumer and former student of the Grasse Institute of Perfumery, he brings his love for perfumery to the EPC perfumery course. After spending seven years as an entrepreneur in the candle industry in Canada, Tom is now heading his own perfumery business in Canada.
Camille Latron, Guest instructor, Independent Perfumer & Consultant
Camille is an independent perfumer and fragrance consultant based in France. She is a classically trained perfumer who studied at ISIPCA. She has over 15 years of international experience in the perfumery business, working in several perfume companies before joining the Puig group where she developed perfumes for major international brands.
Still unsure how this perfume creation online programme works?
Get in touch at email@example.com and we’ll make our best to solve all your doubts to help you decide if this is the right course for you!